DSDS Remote Services aims to build the capacity remote Aboriginal organisations to deliver services in their own communities. We have extensive experience in remote employment and training service delivery, and utilise our expertise to support RJCP providers in remote communities of the NT.
Services offered include:
- On-the-job skills development for the employment services industry, tailored to individual and organisation needs
- Design and delivery of training courses for specific RJCP job roles
- Mentoring for staff at all levels
- External management services, including budgeting and board reporting
- Desktop support
- Understanding and adjusting to changes in government policy
- Workforce development recommendations
- Quality assurance
- Training in employment services delivery for people with disability
Assistance may be provided on a consultancy basis or funded by other means where appropriate. Contact us to discuss your specific training and support needs.
In recent years DSDS Remote Services have focused on capacity building in remote communities in the Top End of the NT, Central Australia and the Kimberley. Our expertise is in helping community based Indigenous organisations to deliver quality Employment Services in their own community, and building the capacity of local Indigenous staff to be employed at all levels of the service and perform effectively in their job roles.
Currently DSDS Remote Services is working in collaboration with MatrixIT, a RTO that delivers IT training in remote, regional and urban areas. Together we are designing and delivering training that focuses on building the capacity of a range of RJCP job roles in communities and homelands in Arnhemland. Training is designed specifically for RJCP needs combined with IT skills development to build the IT literacy of participants.