DSDS (Project Employment) has had many years involvement with the NT Department of Education’s Secondary Transition Program for students with disability preparing to make the transition from school to work. Services for school leavers include:
- Participation in individual Transition Meetings and the development of transition plans for students who will be accessing open employment.
- Provide information to parents, teachers, and students on the pathways available through the DES program
- Assist school leavers to work out their future directions including career choice and the steps to be taken to achieve their goals.
- Encourage students to participate in employment preparation programs including ‘Get Ready to Work
- Provide support and assistance with job search, job matching, applications and interviews, and on the job support and training.
- Provide on the job training and support for students with disability participating in School Based Apprenticeships
- Training in the use of public transport if necessary